9Days
Newly Registered

New Tomato plants are Now Dried Up looking. Now What?

I bought some small tomato plants two days ago from the local Southern States Feed and Seed store, each plant was about 6 - 8 inches tall. I planted them and then threw out some vegetable fertilizer afterwards. Almost all of the Tomoto plants are now dried up looking. I watered them each morning because the days were in the mid 80's the last two days. What do I need to do, throw them out and replant a different way???

Gnome
Super Green Thumb

9Days,

Hello and welcome to the forum. It is conceivable, but in my opinion unlikely, that your plants are suffering from the effect of over fertilization. Unless you really over did the application I would suspect that they are simply showing some transplant shock due to the warm temperatures.

Water them in well and more than likely they will recover. This means more than a few cups, instead soak the soil around the plants very well.

Norm

9Days
Newly Registered

thanks, last night I soaked them after I posted this and then today they do look a lot better, so hopefully tonight I'll do the same and they will perk up. Thanks for the help !

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”