Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

What sandwich with tomatoes do you prefer?? Delicious!

There is nothing like a tomato sandwich when you can pick it right off the vine. I do not eat much meat but when it comes to the tomato I have to buy so chipped honey turkey some mayo and a fresh slices of rye bread! I had two of them today with white sweet corn!
+++
I also like a tomato sandwich with just tomato and mayo on rye! Itaian bread is also pretty good! How do you like your tomato on a sandwich?? Check out this link and go to the very bottom to see many tomato special sandwiches!

https://www.heirloomtomatoplants.com/best_tomato_sandwich.htm

dustyrivergardens
Green Thumb

ugh sounds so good I usually eat Bacon lettuce and tomato sandwiches until I get sick of them then I do it again....

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

This link is teriffic and has so many good original sandwiches and besides it even tells you what type tomatoes they like with it! I plan on eatting two tomatoes every day till october! After reading about these sandwiches you may add a few more tomato types to you next year list!

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

I had huge BLOT's yesterday. Bacon, lettuce, onion (sauteed) and tomato.

I had Tuna melts today, Tuna, mayo, LOTS of cheddar and of course thick slices of tomato broiled in the oven on toast.

Straight up Tomato and mayo is good as well.

Ok basically any sandwhich is better with tomatoes. :lol:

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Keep it simple... good whole grain bread toasted, slice of fresh ripe tomato, fresh basil leaves, thin slice of good cheese. (One slice of bread, open face sandwich. You don't want bread or cheese to overpower the tomato which is the star - that's also why I don't put mayo or anything on it).

Smallgardener

Any kind of bread, Mayo, Bacon, Tomatoe, Lettuce, and an egg either omlet style or fried. YUMMO!

Or Just a good old Bologne, lettuce, tomatoe, mayo sandwich.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Who needs bread?
[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/Gardening/DSC06069.jpg[/img]

mmmfloorpie

rainbowgardener wrote:Keep it simple... good whole grain bread toasted, slice of fresh ripe tomato, fresh basil leaves, thin slice of good cheese. (One slice of bread, open face sandwich. You don't want bread or cheese to overpower the tomato which is the star - that's also why I don't put mayo or anything on it).
I like the purest approach too.

2 slices of bread, a mix of lemon boy slices and beefstake (that's whats ripening now) with mayo on both slices of bread, honey dijon grain mustard and a piece of cheese.

I am in heaven!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Not a sandwich, but I also like tomatoes with a little bit of cottage cheese and mayo. I serve that as a salad/ side dish a lot this time of year, or even eat it for breakfast.

MaryDel

Nothing beats an open faced bacon, tomato and cheese sandwich using a sandwich variety like 'Mortgage Lifter' or 'Delicious'.....huge thick tomato slice hanging over the bread.....coverered in chewy salty bacon, with melted cheese bubbling all over it under the broiler.......mmmmmmmm......well gotta go :P

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

rainbowgardener wrote:Not a sandwich, but I also like tomatoes with a little bit of cottage cheese and mayo. I serve that as a salad/ side dish a lot this time of year, or even eat it for breakfast.
Had this yesterday in a way. Cottage Cheese, copped tomatoes, fresh cinammons basil, salt and pepper. Very yummy and very italian looking I used red and green (when ripe) tomatoes.

striperbware

Most bread that I eat is healthy whole-grain bread, but I prefer a high quality white bread for tomato sandwiches, to not disguise any of the tomato flavor.

Some vine-ripe Big Boys on mayo covered white bread is what I prefer. I can inhale 5 or 6 of these in a sitting. :D :lol:

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”