countrycharmer
Newly Registered

Who has grown white tomatoes

I want to try a variety of the white tomatoes are there any suggestions on which one to try? I am trying a couple of different tomatoes each year and the white toms have my interest peaked. Are they low acid? Do they have a sweeter flavor? Please tell me what you have experienced.

garden girl
Cool Member

I am trying new varieties also! I have tons, some are Snow White. I have not had them before, and am excited to try them! I have read opinions on soooo many varieties, but not everyone likes the same ones, so I decided to go with what looks/sounds interesting to me. Sounds like you're doing the same. I tend to love the cherry types the most. What kinds of white tomatoes are you trying?

countrycharmer
Newly Registered

I am trying the White Wonder. I had a hard time finding white seeds that could be shipped to Indiana. For some reason with several types I was told they couldn't ship them here. I suppose it must have something to due with disease or pest. Nobody ever explained it they just wouldn't ship them. So far White Wonder is the only brand I can get. I plan to plant them away from the others just to be safe. I am excited to taste them let me know how yours come out.

Trainrunner
Newly Registered

I have grown

WHITE BIANCA TOMATO
This very rare and unusual Tomato actually has an Ivory white flesh, creamy white skin with a blush of pinkish-red at the bottom. The white Bianca grows on a large 5' tall plant producing medium size round Tomatoes throughout the entire season.

they were higher in acid but very sweet. this year I am trying black tomato's.

here is a good place to order seeds.

https://www.tomatofest.com/

Adam Fletcher
Newly Registered

I have previously grown two varieties of white tomatoes (snow white and white Wonder). Both Grew well and produced large crops however I wouldn't say they were as good as some of the other tomatoes available.

I would really recommend Black Russian Tomatoes, Gardeners delight and golden sunrise tomatoes though :)

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”