PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

"Patio" Tomato

Hi,

I was given this tomato transplant called "Patio". I am guessing it is a dwarf tomato. I looked it up on google and what I found says it will reach about 2-2 1/2 feet in size. But I am not sure I found the right one in the first place.

Has anyone grown this variety? Does it stay small, does the fruit taste good etc? Thinking about putting it in a gallon container (is that suitable)?

brandon558
Cool Member

I'm growing one for the first time...its about 2 feet now. Shouldnt get over 3.5'.

I planted mine in a 7 gallon container. I would personally plant it in atleast 5 gallon.

applestar
Mod

Check out this thread. not sure if "Patio" variety was mentioned but it might contain pertinent info or you:
:arrow: https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40740

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

Yeah I read another link somewhere that said it would reach a foot to a foot an a half. I think there are several "patio" tomatoes all under the same common name. I have it in a gallon container now. I will see what happens and transplant again if needed. I never planned on it but I got 7 dwarf tomatoes as of right now.

I was telling myself this year that I would only do like 3 tomato plants and here I am with 10.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”