applestar
Mod

Planted my first group :)

The forecasts look good with heatwave for the next week, partly overcast day today and 40% chance of rain tomorrow. So,

...planted my first 5 -- one each Yellow Brandywine, Yellow Bell, Prudens Purple, Moskovich, and Sun Sugar Cherry (F2) in the more protected of the two tomato beds for this year.

I'll probably plant a few more tomorrow. 8)

dustyrivergardens
Green Thumb

How nice heck after being in the 70s and 80s for the past few weeks we got snow today...lol oh well good luck

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Way to go apple.

I think I will hold out a week or two. We just had had 3 day's of morning frost and a very close freeze. Hopefully that is over. I haven't seen the weather for a day or two. I was lookng for a May 1 drop at the latest.

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Nice going, Apple!

I want to know how you like your Yellow BW... I've had few seeds for couple of years, and never planted them, and looked so beautiful on the pictures!

You actually ahead of me on the main varieties :wink: Not sure how I got behind, but I guess all the "other things" around the house took priority.

I did check the forecast, looks like nothing below 45F at night until 24th, so planted few in the ground - extras (from container batch), Grubs Mystery Green (love those, and so early too), Siberian Pink Honey (should be very early oxheart), and our Lubasha (F5), the one we've been making sweet/tart preserves/jams from, been trying to stabilize it for few years now, and she has been identical in the past 2 generations, who knows, may have gotten lucky...

Bucket's (cut back on those too), only 6, Grubs Mystery Green, Taxi, Early Treat, Noire de Crimee, Danko and another Lubasha F5...

Happy growing to all and plentiful harvests!!!

Regards,
D

mattie g
Green Thumb

Sounds good, applestar! While we may get a night or two around 40* over the next week or so, I think we're over the hump now.

Let the growing commence!

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

mattie g wrote:.

Let the growing commence!
AMEN to that!!!

soil
Greener Thumb

we planted almost all of ours out under our mini hoop tunnels last week. a few days later we had hail, snow and 40+ mph winds. it didn't even phase the tomatoes in their little homes. which now are going of get a week of sunny weather.

applestar
Mod

Sounds good. I really have to put that project on the front burner.... 8)

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”