jnunez918

Help identify problem (pic)

[img]https://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh621/jnunez918/tomato2.jpg[/img]

PunkRotten
Greener Thumb

It looks like a nutrient deficiency but I am not expert.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

It looks to me like chlorosis, which is the same thing PR was referring to. It can be a symptom of nutrient deficiencies in some plants. If I recall, it can be caused by ... among other things ... a deficiency of trace minerals.

However, in tomato plants, chlorosis can be a symptom of a virus. It's sometimes referred to as "sulfur" or "sulfuring". The yellowing of the leaves usually starts on the younger leaves.

I apologize that I have no advice as far as cure or treatment for this, but I hope what I've provided can help you further investigate what's happening to your plants.

It's just my opinion, but I don't think there's much in the way of treatment for viruses in plants. You might try removing the infected leaves, but if the sap is infected, then it's already spread throughout the entire plant. I don't know anything about how or if it might spread to other tomato plants, or if it can infect all members of the nightshade family.

dustyrivergardens
Green Thumb

what kind of tomato? some varieties are throwing out some very colorful foliage...I would give it a little shot of magnesium - mix a little water with a spoon full of Epsom salts .. sometimes that helps with purple leaves but usually the temperature warming up that goes away.... I guess more info would be nice temp what kind of mater and such..

jnunez918

dustyrivergardens wrote:what kind of tomato? some varieties are throwing out some very colorful foliage...I would give it a little shot of magnesium - mix a little water with a spoon full of Epsom salts .. sometimes that helps with purple leaves but usually the temperature warming up that goes away.... I guess more info would be nice temp what kind of mater and such..
This one was called a yellow boy. Same soil as other maters. I sprinkled some blood meal in case it was nitrogen. I also have fish emulsion and bone meal. Should I try either of those?

dustyrivergardens
Green Thumb

Lol no thats not good for a yellow boy I would try the magnesium first I can't think of anything else that would make a mater turn that color.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”