Luria

URGENT! HELP! Lower leaves turning yellow and falling off.

My tomato leaves are falling turning yellow and falling off starting from the bottom. I added some low slow release fertilizer and some banana peelings. The plants looks extremely healthy on top but bad on the lower branches. I can send pictures to anyone who would like to see them as it seems I can not post them here. Please send me e-mail addresses to where I can send the pictures, thank you.

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

My guess is summer blight, though could likely be lots of things. Good luck, my plants usually succumb to summer blight over a period weeks. You may try spraying with a 10% solution of peroxide and/or milk. Some report good results with that. Perhaps side dressing with calcium nitrate may give the plants a boost. I would guess that your temperatures are already getting too high for the plants to thrive as when the upper 80's to mid 90's hit here, my plants struggle. I bet you can have really good tomatoes in the late fall and winter after the temperatures drop back down!

Luria

I've got others I need to transplant so would they be ok in a cooler area?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

You can post pictures here. Detailed instructions are in New to Helpful Gardener? under Helpful Tips and Suggestions for New Members. Bottom line is you can't post them directly from your computer, they have to be already on line at some kind of photo hosting site.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”