wendell

Indoor lighting for tomato's ???

so basicly I'm just growing 6 cherry tomato plants indoors under a 1000w hps their about 12" high and their growing fast noticeable difference every day I'm giving them a 20-20-20 powder and at the moment I have them on a 18/6 lighting schedule when and should I switch them to 12/12 or is that what I switch them to ??? just trying to find out the proper lighting schedule

o and also I have two plant in the one pot so I have three pots and 6 plants is this ok ??

thanks
wendell

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Noticed that you never got a response to this. I've never used hps lights and don't know anything about trying to get tomatoes to fruit indoors.

But I will say that two tomato plants to a pot sounds like a bad idea. For regular container growing of tomatoes, we usually say one plant in a 5 gallon bucket sized container.

Yellowsnow
Cool Member

Defiantly 1 plant per pot/bucket.

1000w HPS throws a lot of lumens and heat. the color is more fall or late evening light, but should work. A 500 hps and a 500 MH would be a better light mixture and cover more of the spectrum of sunlight. Make sure you have a fan of some sort to keep the plants moving and cool.

Tomatoes mature and do not rely on amount of light per day. 18/6 through 12/12 is fine. Tomatoes don't have to have 12/12 to flower like other plants. You can adjust your light a little here and there to see what your variety likes best.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”