OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Whats Wrong with My Tomato Plant?

Today I checked out my tomato plant and it seems like if there was light coming from an angle or something but it did this over night, I have a tendency to check my tomato plants every night and I was like 0.o when I saw it, Could this be some sort of disease or something like that?
[img]https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee442/OROZCOVICTOR/2012-02-25122615.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee442/OROZCOVICTOR/2012-02-25122645.jpg[/img]

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

??? what happen to my Topic? lol

treehopper

...is the "pot" equipped with some sort of drainage???

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

OROZCONLECHE wrote:??? what happen to my Topic? lol
Let me know what it was, and I'll fix it for you. Sure looks weird the way it is! :)

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

The Pot has Drainage and Holes on the side for some extra Oxygen, many holes everywere for better drainage and Oxygen distribution, the Topic was suppose to be, Whats Wrong with My Tomato Plant.

Yellowsnow
Cool Member

It appears the plant is creating a new central leader. It is hard to say at this point and just needs to be watched. Could be an unstable hybrid of some sort. Was this from seed or purchased as a plant from a grower/greenhouse?

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Its seeds, all my plants are from seeds, unfortunatelly I didn't lavel any of my 20 plants some hybrids some Heirlooms the only thing is that the soil is actually from the ground, I'm not sure if that will affect it at all.

applestar
Mod

Call me crazy but it looks to me like something (like a bird) had perched on it. Was it outside?

dpurdy

OROZCONLECHE wrote:Its seeds, all my plants are from seeds, unfortunatelly I didn't lavel any of my 20 plants some hybrids some Heirlooms the only thing is that the soil is actually from the ground, I'm not sure if that will affect it at all.
The plant itself doesn't look that bad. You may be experiencing compacting of the soil in your container. Using regular soil from your garden will compact a little each time your water your plant. The plant looks to be showing a little stress. You would be better off by changing the soil in your pot with a potting mixture until they are ready to transplant. At the stage that your plant is at, it's always important to grow a strong root mass. Compacted soil will slow this process down and make your plant more suseptile to desease. Hope this helps.

soil
Greener Thumb

don't worry about it :D

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

Yea it was outside, luckly the plant isnt dead, its growing sideways but I'm going to try and straighten it little by little

vebyrd36

Starnge kinda looks like a birds perch.

OROZCONLECHE
Green Thumb

You know what, We have ducks, and the duck food and I swear when the ducks aint around the duck food is like a buffet for all the birds in the block, maybe a bird did come and chilled on my tomato plant, but I must say the plant is getting more straight, but straight or not, Ill still like my plant I don't judge hahahah

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”