Moshu

Dwarf tomatoes

Hi,

I do not know the right English word, but I am speaking about tomatoes up to 90cm~3feets~35inches high (1ft=30.5cm, 1inch=2.54cm).

If somebody from this forum has experience growing dwarf tomatoes, I will be glad to know as much as is possible about type(s) of tomato(es) used, method(s) (open air, green house, etc), conclusion (rewiev), as well as other things that could help.

Advanced thanks for your time and attention.

Moshu

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

I am getting more into dwarfs this year. So I'm still new to them a bit. They are really just smaller tomatoes though. They need the same type of care. If you are putting them in pots some of them can take samller pots but I still belive in nothing under 5 gallons for pot size. You can check out my winter dwarf growing project [url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40740]here[/url]. There is also another project like this over on the forum I pm'd you about.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Dono

P.S. I am growing Tasmanian Chocolate, Silvery Fir Tree, Red Robin, Lucky Leprachaun and a few others I can't think of right now. Some of these are in my basement/greenhouse.

erlyberd
Cool Member

I've had very good results with Tiny Tim in roughly 2.5 gallon containers. Plants were less than 2 feet tall and perhaps 18" wide totally covered with fruit. So productive that the branches began breaking one by one. Need to cage better or stake each branch. Keep in mind these pots were kept in a garden path with roots poking through holes in the pots into the garden soil. May have helped???

Giff, If you have any dwarf seeds available for trade I have a few I could let loose! LOL

Rick

carolyn137

Moshu wrote:Hi,

I do not know the right English word, but I am speaking about tomatoes up to 90cm~3feets~35inches high (1ft=30.5cm, 1inch=2.54cm).

If somebody from this forum has experience growing dwarf tomatoes, I will be glad to know as much as is possible about type(s) of tomato(es) used, method(s) (open air, green house, etc), conclusion (rewiev), as well as other things that could help.

Advanced thanks for your time and attention.

Moshu
And there are several places where you can buy the seeds for all of them that have been released to date and in the WANTED Forum of the SEED EXChange a few folks have been asking for seeds.

I've grown Summertime Gold and Summertime Green and Wild Fred, but didn't save seeds b'c at that point Craig and Patrina had not yet said they were stable.

I hope that helps.

Carolyn

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”