lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Neptune Tomato

This year I have ordered some Neptune Tomato Seed as a defense against Bacterial Wilt, and other issues. Has anyone tried this variety? Probably small fruit, but I am giving it a try

Also, just ordered some Florida 7514.....we will see. I will get these started and plant them in the same soil where the Better Boy and Celebrity died last year.

Here's the scoop on Neptune:
This is an excellent fresh-market tomato with good disease resistance. Neptune was bred for the hot wet growing areas like Florida and Hawaii. This strain was developed and released to SESE by Dr. J. W. Scott at the Gulf Coast Research and Education Center at the University of Florida. 4 oz. red, round and juicy fruits are borne in clusters of 2 to 4. Very tasty!

MeEgg
Newly Registered

Starting my seeds for all these varieties; I have not grown these in the past, but living in South Florida, I need all the help I can get against wilt, bacterias, fungus, etc...I am hopeful that these new plantings will provide a good harvest this year. :D

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Take a look at this thread

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=268986&highlight=amateur#268986

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”