Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Using trapper glue on tom or squash stems for bug control!

Trapper glue is what Victor mouse and rat traps use to catch bugs and rodents even the big tomato worm ! You can buy it by the gallon and it is not a poison! I was thinking that the stem of my zucks would benifit by brushing it on the stem or putting it in a circle around the stem! it may work in many garden pest problems. Has anyone used this method or something similar? I would pu a small string around the plant and brush a small amount of glue on the string so it would only catch bugs! It would probably be good for around the trunk of a fruit tree to stop ants !
+++I used the large and small one for the first time tonight to catch a few mice and to my surprise in 1 hour I heard a noise in the basement and a large rat was stuck so i finished him off with my bb gun figuring he would get loose!
I enjoy fishing ,gardening and a solar greenhouse! carpet installation repair and sales for over 45 years! I am the inventor of the Bobber With A Brain - Fishing Bobber!

TZ -OH6
Super Green Thumb

I don't know about trapper glue, but Tanglefoot was designed to put on plant stems to stick bugs. It is the gunk on fly paper.

[url=https://www.planetnatural.com/site/xdpy/sb/Tanglefoot%20Company.htm]Tanglefoot[/url]

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Very interesting! Thanks for the link!. This opens up a whle new area of bug prevention! I would say my original post was very tacky or could this be considered a sticky post!
I enjoy fishing ,gardening and a solar greenhouse! carpet installation repair and sales for over 45 years! I am the inventor of the Bobber With A Brain - Fishing Bobber!

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Bobberman wrote:Very interesting! Thanks for the link!. This opens up a whole new area of bug prevention! I would say my original post was very tacky or could this be considered a sticky post!
:lol: Pretty funny Frank.

I would be a little careful. How about all the beneficial Bees, butterflies, frogs, ladybird beetles etc....

Eric

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Ya I was thinking of that also but a selected area like the stems of zucks or tomato stem. When the squash gets older the squash bgs harm the stem which kills the squash. The tomato horn worm first crawls on the tomato plant from the ground. I may try the glue on some of my new zucks and see if the one next to the one I treated dies faster

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

I wonder if honey would deter some bugs but I guess not ants! I wonder what would happen just so bears don't come around! The zucks may be a good thing to try honey on!

soil
Greener Thumb

i just let my "weeds" grow, they get eaten and my crops are pest free. when you take away all your "weeds" there is only your crop left to eat.
For all things come from earth, and all things end by becoming earth.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

That may be a good topic the weeds that protect your plants just like marigolds do!

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”