Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Nice craked brandywine & my blender!

Tonight I did not want to waste two over ripe cracked brandywine 1 pound tomatoes. I cut them up put them in my blender with half full of water on low speed and in 30 seconds I have a 100 tomato seeds for next year! The seeds go to the bottom so I pour out most of the water them dump them on a rag or paper and dry them with a fan and they are put in a container for march! I have been doing this for years and the seeds grow great! Iput the paper towel that the seeds are stuck to in the bag and scrape the seeds off when I am ready to use them! The brandywine will be one of my main tomatoes next year since they taste so good and produce so nicely!

gardenbean

Thanks for the tip! I also will be growing a Brandywine too as I have had a great harvest from my plant this year! :)

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

When you get a nice tomato that is too ripe or has holes in it from bugs cut it up and put in blender for seeds! The seeds are worth more than the tomato! I put a orange red tomato in the blender tonight after tasting two slices that were fantastic! I grew them last year and saved the seeds and they came through nice! It may have been a hillbilly but I will check!

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

Now I know the trick to collecting tomato seeds. I have always picked seeds out of a smasked tomatoe it works but it is slow.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Let the water in the blender set for a minute after it blends at low speed for 10 seconds. Now pour it out slow and you will see the seeds at the bottom. The last small amount of water I pour on a paper towel on a paper plate and put it under a fan for a few hours. I put the dryed paper towel with seeds stuck to it in a plastic zip bag and save for the april greenhouse planting! It only takes 2 min. from blender too paper towel The blender does not hur the seeds at low speed!

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”