Halfway
Green Thumb

Growing pretty darn slowly!

My hybrid cherry maters in the containers are way behind. The only thing I can think of is the excessive rain and too many cloudy days. The rest of the varieties are doing well. No signs of bugs or disease.

Poor little guys. Anyone else having any issue with mater growth in the midwest? These should be a foot taller and twice as thing. Started indoors on 15 Feb.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

I have two black cherry's in the ground and one in large pot. At first the potted one was winning but it is small and weak right now while my in ground ones are getting to the 7 foot level and very bushy. I did fertilize the potted plant a lot more than than the others. All of these plants were started and brought out at the same time.

Aorourke
Cool Member

I have one in a container, well 5 before I gave the rest away. The one in the container is half the size of the ones in the ground.
Hope that helps as well!! :)

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

yeah, I'm in southern ohio and we had nothing but cloudy/ rainy until just recently. My tomatoes (in deep raised bed) are way behind where they were this time last year, not setting a lot of fruit and the fruit is smaller, greener than it should be. I had ripe tomatoes by 6/20 last year-- not this year!

Halfway
Green Thumb

Well, I feel a little better...or at least in similar company. Hope they take off soon or this will be a weak canning year.

I added some liquid fert last night although they should really NOT be needing it yet.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”