Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Everett's Rusty Oxheart - WOW!

A first, true "WOW" of the season - Everett's Rusty Oxheart...

Huge plant, ok fruit set, but that is no indication this season, since all of my early plants have herbicide damage, and look awful... Nevertheless, fruits are large, this one was almost 1.5lb, and to me, one of the most gorgeous tomatoes I've ever held!

[img]https://drphotography.smugmug.com/photos/i-RQvdKC2/0/O/i-RQvdKC2.jpg[/img]

[img]https://drphotography.smugmug.com/photos/i-Ps5H5Cj/0/O/i-Ps5H5Cj.jpg[/img]

Flavor... Oh the flavor! Meaty, and yet, soooo juicy! Gel with a zing, and fruity sweet flesh. It's almost like eating one of the best GWR tomatoes with it's spiciness, while chasing it with the best of the best sweet oxhearts. And did I mention it's multicolors are gorgeous? Delight!!!

Regards,
D

TZ -OH6
Super Green Thumb

Cool, that's a new one, how did you find it?

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Well there you go herbicide and all you still beat me. :P

Glad to see you got a good one, I can't wait for my (or should I say your) big ones to come around.

Rock on DV!!!!!

Dono

gardenbean

Awesome looking tomato. Are these seeds that have been purchased from seed catalogs? I 've never heard of this type of variety. Looks interesting. :lol:
Learning as I go and surprising myself when it all comes together......

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

This one is definitely the most pleasant in therms of the color and taste I've grown. Really attractive fruit! And the rusty colors, combined with the green, just so vibrant!

These seeds were from mariseeds.com, she seems to have quite few interesting to me bicolors, so I had to try. Every bit as good as she described it! Definitely worth growing!

Remind me at the end of the season, I should have some seeds saved, if plants survive...

Had another one of her's today, Roger's Best Black. And this was another pleasant surprise. The best way I can describe it, if you take a Black From Tula for it's sweet and acid balance, and add smokiness from Black Krim, that's what I think of it... I had my father try few slices today, and while he's never grown tomato before in his life (loves eating them though), he is retired chef, first words out of his mouth "smoky, very smoky..." And it just lingers in your mouth for quite a while... Will take some pictures of the next ripe fruits...

Regards,
D

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”