gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Tomtoes looking good this year.

So far it is looking good out there. I could show you pics of each and every tomato but I don't have enough gigs on my camera. :P :lol: All the plants look healthy and there is fruit everywhere. More each day with tons of flowers and soon to be flowers. If all goes well I don't know what I will do with the overflow. Out weather has been weird but great for tom's lately. We had all that rain and than some followed by no rain and hot hot hot followed by more rain and heat now with some rain and cooler temps the plants are going gang busters.

Now if we could stay like this I might have to open up my own produce stand.

I hope I'm not jinxing myself. I just picked my first toms the other day some black cherry's and a couple OSU blues. I can't wait for the big 'uns to come through. :D :D

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Okay you talked me into it here are some pics. :P :hehe:

The main garden there is a wall of tomatoes on the back side with 4 rows coming out of that. Notice the onion flowering in the back ground with my rose garden (the roses look sad I know).
[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/Gardening/DSC05276.jpg[/img]

The secondary garden with Paul Robenson, Ark Traveler and Kellogs Breakfast.
[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/Gardening/DSC05274.jpg[/img]

A close up of my first planting. Bagged tagged and ready to eat.
[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/Gardening/DSC05278.jpg[/img]

My others, some are volunteers I dug up and one is a black cherry.
[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/Gardening/DSC05279.jpg[/img]

In my min garden I have Black Cherry, Black From Tula, Giant Syrian, Spudakee, Berkley Ti dye, Brandywine Sudduth, OSU Blue, 1884 Purple and Couer de Boeuf.

tgplp

Looking great! I can't wait to eat a tomato this year-
Mmmmmm! :D

Taryn

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

tgplp wrote:Looking great! I can't wait to eat a tomato this year-
Mmmmmm! :D

Taryn
Thanks, had my fist Black Cherry today, As you said Mmmmmm!!!

Moley
Cool Member

going to grow that squash up the A frame?

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Donno,

Your plants are way ahead of mine. I'm just now thinking about supporting them.

Here's a picture, I believe it's, Aunt Ruby's German Green.
It has a few flowers :D
[img]https://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/eric_wa/Double%20Dog%20Farm%20Vegetable%20Garden%20plants/GardenJune22nd2011010.jpg[/img]
Eric

jstrausss

wow that is a great wilderness of tomato's :) Mine are starting to really take off now too. seems like things are going well for tomatos

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

DDF I put mine out early not as early as last year but still. The cool weather actually stunted them but as soon as it warmed up BOOM!

Moley yes that is butternut at least I am hoping to train it up there. There is supposed to be Red Hmong Cucumbers on the other side but my 2 sowings both failed. :oops: :x The didn't do well last year either but they germinated in the ground at least.

Talking about being ahead or behind other people. First off DDF is in WA which is a way different climate than me. But what really pisses me off is a guy I work with who just dabbles in gardening like maybe a few tomatoes and that's it. He has a plant his dad gave him a store bought plant that was extra my buddy put it in a 5 gallon bucket and had a big tomato a week before I got my first ripe cherry. :evil: He doesn't even know what variety it is. :x :lol: Here I baby mine get them in early start them myself and he is kicking my butt with a bucket tomato plant. :roll: That's okay soon I will have so many tomatoes I won't know which way to turn. :lol:

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Dono,

Great looking plants my friend! Enjoy your growing season!!!

Regards,
D

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Eating Black Cherry just picked some Couer de Bouef, OSU Blue has been picked and it keeps coming. on, Black from tula almost ready, Some others turning. It is going to be crazy here soon.

Sorry no pics yet but I'm waiting for the onslaught that I know is going to happen, I may have to hire some garden help if things keep going like they are. :lol:

I'm so excited last year was dang near a bust for me. This year may be a bumper crop kind of year.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Everbody Salsa! :D

Eric

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Great looking crop there. Enjoy!

appaws

All my plants have fruit on them, all still green.

My Blondkopfchen has about 20 little green toms on it, and about 1000 flowers. I've heard they are crazy productive.

My Kellogg's Breakfast has only 1 tom on it, but it is getting really big.

My San Marzano has 15 toms on it.

Black from Tula, Australian Heart, and and Dr. Goodwin's Ky Red all have 4 or five nice looking fruit on them. I can't wait to get some ripe!

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”