Tinybu88les8

Random tomato plant

So a tomato plant (unsure what kind) popped out of the ground inches from my pablano pepper plant. I assume it came from a seed from last season perhaps. My question is... Is can I take it out of the ground and relocate it into another place in my garden? It just sprouted flower buds so I don't know if it's too late. Would it be better to move my pablano pepper plant? It has been flowering but no peppers yet. Also, one last question on a slightly different topic... My bell pepper plant is being eaten alive. The leaves are all chewed up and covered in holes. I can't seem to find the pest that's causing it. I've seen 1 or 2 small aphids on it but something tells me the damage isnt done by a couple aphids. Any thoughts?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Sure no problem moving your volunteer tomatoes. Just take a big scoop of dirt with them and they won't even notice. When you replant them, bury them deeper than they were before and they will appreciate it.

Re the pepper being eaten alive, my guess would be slugs. They love my peppers and nothing else bothers the peppers. You will never see slugs in the daytime. Come out at night with a flashlight and look for them. Or put a board down on your soil and leave it for a couple days. Come back in the heat of the day and lift the board and they will likely be hiding under it.

Type slug control into the Search the Forum Keyword Box and find tons written here about them.

Tinybu88les8

I was thinking slugs..: these nasty little black slugs keep getting into my strawberries. I sprinkled oatmeal all over the place and they seemed to leave them alone but not my bells.... That lasted about a week but they are now back. Time to sprinkle more oatmeal. I've heard of placing beer out and I've tried that but I didn't have much luck there.
Maybe I'll place a ring of pennies around my bell and see how that works.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”