gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Your best tomato this year so far?

My most productive, fruit wise, so far would be Black Cherry (Go figure) followed by OSU Blue. Though I have not yet harvested any yet.

But my most healthy and robust plant by far is Black from Tula. I have two of them the other is not as big but grwoing like mad as well. Kind of funny these are the same seeds from last year and these plants didn't do squat. Now go figure that! :?

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

My best are the Chocolate Cherry 15 inches heigh . The other just as big is the Heirloom Green Tomato!. The ones I transplanted into the 4 inch pots are much bigger than the ones in the small 6 pack cubes! The ones that are still in the original styrofoam boxes are also fairly big with some having thick stem! The tangerallos are about a foot high in the box! My pink Brandy Wines are fairly nice also!

tedln
Super Green Thumb

My earliest and most productive has been a hybrid, indeterminate named "Fourth Of July". Of my open pollinated varieties, Black Krim is the winner for earliness, production, and taste. Mortgage Lifter has been the winner for earliness, production, size and taste. Brandywine Pink and Yellow are the winners for the late ripening varieties with heavy production and extremely large fruit. The late variety with the absolute largest fruit (probably three lbs, but not ripe yet) is Hillbilly.

Ted

gardenbean

Still to early here to get fruit, however so far the best looking one and strongest looking one is my Snow White. I've never tried this tomato before so it's exciting to watch it develop. So far so good.......
This year I promised myself that wasnt' going to "baby my tomatos. Hope I can keep that promise!! :D

Rogue11

Got 6 ripe fruits from my Sun Gold Cherry, and 3 from my Black Pearl. The OSU Blue that showed color first are still only blue and green, no red on them yet.

Lunacy
Cool Member

My best and most productive by far is my Japanese Black Trifele. It is putting out fruit like mad but all green so far. I've have a few sun golds to eat everyday but not enough to make to the house. Also my hanging baskets with yellow and red cherry toms are almost ready to munch. Very disappointed with my black cherry as it started out strong then got powdery mildew and is now still trying but has zero leaves the first two feet but is setting fruit.

BrianIllinois
Cool Member

Best producer so far, with a grand total of one ripening on the vine, is a lemon boy. My Better Boy has one green fruit.
My cherry types -- supersweet 100, Chello and sun-sugar, all have numerous fruits, but none ripe yet.
The best-looking, strongest plants are a beefmaster hybrid, a Belgian giant and a German Johnson.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

My Brandy Wine Pinks are also looking good! My Early Girl HYbrid are 2 foot high and thick stems with flowers!!

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”