Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

My new picture perfect garden!

Now that I have a chance to plant a great garden on great soil I am really excited! Most of the ground I have been working for the past 5 years is really hard ground to work with poor soils!
+++
My neighbor died a few years ago but had a garden for many years that was the talk of the town! He spent many hours taking care of the ground! A friend of mine used it for the last three years but did not really take care of it like he should. He quit and the neighbor ask me to take it over!!
+++
Its one block from my moms house where I have a small garden! This garden is right across from the Rolling Rock brewery and has 20 feet of level grass on both sides! There are two apple trees on the south side that shad part of the garden from 7 pm on! The ground is evel and dark black soil almost like it was a coal ash at one time but very rich! As it starts to get dak 3 all night bright lights come on from the brewery so I could even work there at night!
+++
I now have 5 -10 by 25 black plastic sheets down with 2 foot of bare soil between them. I planted corn, cabbage, beans and zucc in the rows between the plastic. I now have about 6 dozen mixed tomatoes planted on the plastic holes! I hope to have at least 20 dozen tomatoes and 10 dozen peppers! I usually work only 7 to 9 every evening doin the week! I plan on saving alot of seeds this year!
+++
I found some great composted manure at K-Mart today for 2.50 a bag and when I opened it it was better than I expected. I will buy 4 more bags tomorrow! I took the compost and mixed some sand with it to add to the hols that I dropped my seeds in. I simply punched a small funnel hole about 4 inches deep in the ground and illed the hole to a inch of the top and added my zuccs & bean seeds and covered it with the compost and sand mix.. I can't wait to work there tomorrow!!!
Last edited by Bobberman on Thu May 26, 2011 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lunacy
Cool Member

Sounds wonderful! I'm very jealous. Please post pictures of the Rolling Rock Brewery,... and the garden if you have any space left on the camera. :lol:

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”