Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Home products that work in your garden for growth!

Examples of things people have tried and they work is what I am looking for. Tonight I found here that dandylions and burdock another root crop when the roots are mixed in water and fermented some will grow bigger carrots so I will try it!. I use epsom salts for a few things in the garden. Blood meal s m favorite but its too expensive so I use more urea for leaf grwth since it is cheap and very potent. I also like the white bbs which are easy to see when I thow it on the soil! They even use urea for melting snow! What do you use that works?

soil
Greener Thumb

try nettles and comfrey too, both can be grown at home for cheap and effective fertilizers. together they grow AMAZING tomatoes.

edit: chemical urea = bad idea....

Yogas
Cool Member

Epsom salts, bone meal, white bbs? What do you use them for? White bbs - is that an abbreviation or are you really talking about bbs? As you can tell, I'm not very experienced!

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Styrofoam makes the white bbs. I use to get them in a several cubic foot bag and mix it with my seed starter. It worked great but the local company got away from selling the bags! They take the bbs and melt them into the sheets at the local mill! The problem with the bbs was the wind blew them away and they were bad for lakes! They use to use them in tree potting soil but I think they quit and now use perlite!

Halfway
Green Thumb

Crushed egg shells.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”