mamabello1
Newly Registered

Droopy tomato leaves...

Hi every1..I am new to this site and I have tomatoes n tomatillos growing under lites..they r about 4 weeks old n growing great...already transplanted 1x and used a teeny tiny amount of fertilizer..but now a week later after lots of growth tomato leaves seem flimsy to droopy even though soil is moist...is this a root issue...has any1 out there used H202 (Hydrogen Peroxide) to add oxygen to help roots use water...?? Any advice would be appreciated..

[img]https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee368/mamabello1/210734_10150169636884513_773494512_6553256_977364_o.jpg[/img]

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Should I assume you drilled holes in the cups?

Eric

mamabello1
Newly Registered

Yes..each cup has 2 holes in the bottom..I did not aereate the potting soil any more than it already was...the tomatillos look great with leaves turned up and firm...some tomato leaves feel soft and not as healthy as they should be...

gardenbean

Hmm........maybe what your plants are going thru is what they call damping-off, usually they young transplants end up dying once planted outside.

Was the soil that was used clear of any diseases, also the containers and such?

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Two holes doesn't seem enough to me ... I'd use 4. But if the soil is wet and the leaves are wilting, then insufficient water isn't the problem. I'd let them dry a bit between waterings. Might be that you're drowning them. Just a thought. :)

mamabello1
Newly Registered

I will see if I can help the drainage with another small hole in bottom of cups...and I do not think that they are dampening off b/c they are growing pretty well with lots of new leaves...just the leaves feel limpy and soft..I am going to water them with a 1/2 cup of Hydrogen Peroxide mixed with a gallon of water solution to help with air circulation...I will see if that improves the situation...any other advice I appreciated..:)

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Nope, definitely not damping off and they look pretty ok to me. Color is a bit off, but that may just be the photo...

gardenbean

Could they have been exposed to a cold draft or something like that? I know that one day I left my yellow pear tomatoes out on my enclosed porch when a cold front came thru and just a little drop in temp. made their leafs go limp real quick.

Hope your plants get better real soon :D

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”