Dixana
Greener Thumb

LOL AS, that's the second time today something someone on this forum posted made me bust out laughing.
A few of the little seedlings have true leaves! They're tiny but they're coming. I've never used tp tubes before, but I used paper pots without problems in the past. Unfortunately, I had worm castings to mix with the soil which is probably why they did so well. Seeing as I still have no worms I'll have to figure something else out (there's nowhere around here to get worm poo) maybe mushroom compost mixed with the soil?
I packed up all my ACT stuff already in preparation for moving, is there something else I can give them to help combat the cardboard sucking the nitrogen?
Would it make things worse to up pot them now in a good mix of soil and mushroom compost? OR :oops: I may have inadvertently left a bag of tomato tone open in the rain after packing up the garden shed..... could I use that water diluted down even further to water them?

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Sprays are a different story . I very seldom use sprays except for raid sometimes in the house! I believe in not poluting and being careful what you use but you can make anything look bad if you dig deep and over shadow something on the border line! Many potting soils are bad!

applestar
Mod

Several members, including Duh_Vinci I believe, have mentioned adding some amount of Tomato Tone in water for watering their tomato seedlings. Since it's already wet, you might as well use it.

There was a thread in which I mentioned buying Tomato Tone and Dr. Earth veg and Tomato fertilizers for comparison. They both contain beneficial microorganisms.

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

I try not to think extreme about what is wrong with everything made. If I did I would not be installing carpet since it has so many negative connatations with the air in your home! Waters bad water in plastic bottles is bad. I guess glass is the safest thing made from sand! Anyway going over board wih refrain is just as much a problem as being to rceptive of everything around us!
+++
I don't think a tomato started in a plastic or styrofoam cup will be tanted forever and make the plant bad to eat.! A person that smokes has a worse effect on plants than styrofoam in my opinion!!

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

applestar wrote:Ohhh... This makes me sad.... :wink:
Me, too! [img]https://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/sigh.gif[/img]

( :lol: )

Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Explain what makes you sad? I have no idea what you are saying!

applestar
Mod

Sorry Bobberman. You had to be there... But if you want to be there too, OP of this thread Dixana has a thread in the What Doesn't Fit Elsewhere forum "Does it make anyone else kind of sad?" Note the time stamps and you'll see why Dixana thought it was particularly funny. Kisal's follow-up was an icing on the cake! :lol:

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”