gardenvt
Green Thumb

I have some friends who don't use lights and I usually share some plants with them. My plants are quite vigorous at planting out time and theirs generally lag behind.

You don't have to have lights. It does make a difference.

gardenvt
Green Thumb

Just as a note, I already have more than 600 seedlings going and have one last round to start later this months - plus what I will start outside.

Fair to say that I am addicted to gardening.

I couldn't do this without the lights.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

So does that make me a stupid people because I have tomatoes growing? (Inside that is)?????????????????

If so than..................... :shock:

TZ -OH6
Super Green Thumb

Not unless you have ready to plant plants and it is snowing outside. :lol:

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

If so than..................... :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
So does that make me a stupid people
I keep asking the guy in the mirror the same question.

I have about 500 tomato plants started. People at our market buy some tomatoes, squash and cucumbers at the end of April.

Eric

Dixana
Greener Thumb

It's funny you mention the market DD. My DH commented, after seeing my trays of seedlings, that I could probably sell some of them at our rummage sale this spring.
I was like :shock, SELL THEM??? You want me to sell my babies to random strangers who might kill them? :lol: I'm sure he thinks I'm cracked in the head, especially after I already killed my blacktail mtn watermelon....

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

TZ -OH6 wrote:Not unless you have ready to plant plants and it is snowing outside. :lol:
It COULD very well snow again. :lol:

I saw tomatoes at Lowe's (probably Home Depot and Wal Mart as well) 2 maybe 3 weeks ago. I was a little shocked. Oh yeah they had to move them inside cause we got 4 inches of snow a few weekends ago. :wink: :roll: Go figure I always see WAY out of season plants there like potatoes and such in dang near Oct.

soil
Greener Thumb

I started most of my seeds later this year, I'm not in a rush on getting the bulk started and am concentrating on better growth once in the soil. I do however have about 15 tomatoes in the ground already, at least a month early. going to test out some new cold frame/hoop house deals.

DeborahL
Green Thumb

I once saw roses covered in aphids for sale at Walmart. I told someone, and hopefully the plants were treated or removed.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”