applestar
Mod

gixxerific wrote:Are we going to have another first tomato race again this year?
I guess we didn't have our race this year... but here's my contender photographed today. This Mystery Volunteer turned out to be one of the Sugar Plum babies:
[img]https://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll272/applesbucket/Image8412.jpg[/img]

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Looking beautiful!

I don't have any with fruits on them. But my plants outgrew the space. So I took them out today to get some sun for the first time, but not much sun to be had and I had to bring them back in tonight.

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Very nice Apple!

Nope, no "official" race this year, but looks like you indeed up to speed on early maters :wink:

All of my earlies much like Rainbow's outgrown their place, and have seen the outside world for the first time 2 days ago. But back indoors 2nd day now, winds were terrible, knocking over all the outside furniture, even the heaviest metal tables and chairs...

Taking Thur/Fri off, hopefully will have some time to organize the garden and start hardening off the plants!

BTW, most earlies have fruits on them :wink:

Regards,
D

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

I'm jealous AS that is looking good.

I just potted up my plants today to gallon pots for a majority of them till I ran out of gallon pots that is. My plants are looking good and strong but nothing like that.

D_V everything I got from you is going good thanks. Hopefully this year I will get off my lazy butt and save seeds for the first time.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Here are mine so far

Before
[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/DSC05123.jpg[/img]

After
[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/DSC05125.jpg[/img]

tedln
Super Green Thumb

Looks like all you folks will have nice large plants for the garden when the weather is ready. I have my salt shaker out and ready to take to the garden. Nothing like eating some of the first fruit in the garden when it is picked. Good luck!

Ted

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Dono - good looking plants, my man! Soon enough you will be hardening them off!

I've taken nice long 4 day weekend to catch up the garden, up-potting and hardening off. Just want to feeeeeeeeeeel the spring!

Ted - can I come over? Please? Campari's from Costco are fine (for the time being), but we all know, can't be compare to the "garden varieties"

Regards,
D

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Duh_Vinci wrote: Campari's from Costco are fine (for the time being), but we all know, can't be compare to the "garden varieties"

Regards,
D
How can you D_V, I mean really? :lol:

applestar
Mod

Wow, you got the seed starting down, Gixx.
DV, have a GREAT weekend!
Tedln, I'll join you with my salt grinder -- I like freshly ground seasalt on my tomatoes :wink:
Rainbowgardener, sounds like you're almost there for spring planting. I'm lagging a week or two behind, same as last year, but will start planting my potatoes tomorrow. I seem to have way more seed potatoes to plant this year than I had thought, thanks to certain somebody.... 8)

Good luck with all your gardens this year! :D

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”