erlyberd
Cool Member

Seeded the early ones today!

The 2011 season kicked off for me his morning at 10:00 am! I started Extreme Bush, Kimberly, Stupice, Sub-Artic Plenty, Tiny Tim and Uralskiy Ranniy.

So the number crunching (hopefully) goes like this...based on last year anyway.

Jan 20 to May 1st equals 101 days, add a few more more days (3-9) and hopefully I'll be picking Kimberly, Stupice and Uralskiy Ranniy like last year! In case your wondering KB 105 days, both SP and UR were 110 days respectively.

Mid and late season stuff will gets its chance starting Feb 1st!
Feb 1st to May 31 equals 120 days. Thats almost enough time but more likely to pass into June.
Feb 1st to June 30 equals 150 days.

Wish me luck! I'll need it this year!

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Sounds good I need to get myself going as well.

Good luck you are not the only one that needs it. :lol: Last year was a disaster for a lot of people all over the world. :x

erlyberd
Cool Member

Well Gix, get er in gear!

Actually, last year was my best ever growing season here in the Northeast. By contrast, The 2009 season was the worst ever! This year is a coin flip as to what mother nature has in store!

Some of my babies are now up!

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

erlyberd,

Stupice ( stu-pee-chee) Is a 60 to 65 days. Why over a 100 days in CT?

Eric

erlyberd
Cool Member

Ddog, Sorry, that is 110 days from seeding date to first ripe fruit. I should have made it clearer.

I see Mother Earth News (readers) rated a bunch of tomatoes a couple years ago and found stupice was one of the fav's for the cool-cloudy weather in the PNW. I'm sure the article is online if anyone is looking to read it.

Happy gardening.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”