Halfway
Green Thumb

Just ordered today

Holy Moly......

Went a little crazy. Finding room may be a challenge. I can get them started, but may need to re-look the raised beds and containers, he, he, he. :shock:

Along with the usual suspects in determinate and indeterminate varieties....

Brown Berry cherry
Chocalate Cherry cherry
Cupid cherry
Gold Nugget Cherry
Lemon Drop cherry
Riesentraube cherry
Mexico Midget cherry

Delizia ind.
Fantom det.
Tomande Ind.
Granny Smith Ind.
Caspian Pink Ind.

Ooooh lala. :oops:

erlyberd
Cool Member

At least with the Determinates you can utilize pots to save space. I too am going over board this year! At least were having fun.

Halfway
Green Thumb

erlyberd wrote:At least with the Determinates you can utilize pots to save space. I too am going over board this year! At least were having fun.
Most of them chunky determinates will be in 5 gallon containers. They sit right on the front porch for easy access and enviro control.

Once you circle the first variety for ordering, the flood gates seem to open up. :oops:

csvd87

I understand... that's how I ended up with 50 pepper varieties.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Halfway,

Just my 2 cents.

I grew Chocolate cherry last year and so did some of the other vendors.
Customers seemed to shy away from both the plants and the fruit. The plants that didn't sell went into my garden for produce sales. Most of the fruit split before ripening. The ones that didn't split had a muddy look to them.

Golden Nugget, Now this one was a hit and will be planted again this year.

You may also look at Sun Gold. Very popular last year. Lost many sales for not having this variety.

Eric

tomakers

I don't know about Chocolate Cherry, but Brown Berry was terrible IMHO. Why not Black Cherry? And definitely SunGold.
JMO,
Tom

Halfway
Green Thumb

Thanks DDF. I'll probably adjust to starting only one or two of those. Shame, they look good.

Too funny csvd87.

Thanks tomakers.....sun gold on the radar. :idea:

erlyberd
Cool Member

Well I'm also trying Chocolate Cherry this season so I'll have to find out for myself if its any good. I also do sales plants but also grow in a hoop house. No problems with cracking here any more!

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

I would highly suggest Black Cherry as well

That is a lot of Cherry Tomatoes I hope you have a lot of room. :lol:

If you are using pots or buckets you may want ot check out the local nursery's for unwanted pots they may have. I got a bunch of 5 - 10 gallon pots last year as well as a ton of starter size pots all for free. Just and idea.

erlyberd
Cool Member

Black Cherry is also going to be new to me this year.

Good tip Gix, I also get free pots, six packs and smaller ones that people throw over the bank at the local cemetary. Its recycling and it helps keep the area clean.

I also scored nicely on craigs list last year. A woman gave me hundreds of pots for free in one gal sizes and up! She had thousands of them. I was selling tomatoes in like 8" gallon pots for $2.50 each. Hoping for many repeat customers with deals like that. Time will tell.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

I was selling tomatoes in like 8" gallon pots for $2.50 each. Hoping for many repeat customers with deals like that. Time will tell.
If they are organic plants, that may not be enough. I sell my starts in 4" pots for $1.50. When I up pot to 6", they are $4.00.

[img]https://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/eric_wa/Farmers%20Market/DSC02288.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/eric_wa/Farmers%20Market/DSC02120.jpg[/img]

Eric

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”