Bobberman
Super Green Thumb

Six pack of tomato seeds 30 years ago!

Ya its been a long time since I had the idea to sell a six pack of tomato seeds in a envelope! Tomato seeds are really cheap if you buy a standard like rutgers that has a11000 seeds per ounce. At that time I think they were like $12 a ounce! I put 2 dozen seeds of 6 types together in 6 packet and sold them in a white envelope for like $3 over 30 years go. I did get some rders from several magazine adds I had. I called it a six pack to go and still have some of the acks. I doubt if the seeds will still grow. The varieties were rutgers. a white tomato plus a yellow tomato! I got the pack right here. It was called Moff's Big Ten Seed Company and had a picture of 3 red tomatoes on a white envelope! It also had a face of a guy with the word in red across his face of LOOK! Only $2.00! It was 8 packs of 3 dozen seeds per pack Over 280 seeds in all . see how memories fade away!! The varities were New Yorker, Campbells 1327, Heinz 1350, Roma VF, Rutgers, Golden Sunray, Pink pondersa and Snowball white! anyway that is how I first got interested in tomato seeds! The seeds in that pack cost me about 25 cents! Does anyone remember any of these tomatoes? Most are still around!

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”