mgb245
Newly Registered

Greensand or epsom salt

In the past, I have heard lots about greensand. As of yet I have not tried it but have instead used epsom salt, bone meal and homemade compost. The results have always been very good. Great fruit formation, great flavor and no blossom end rot. This season I am going to grow several different varieties of heirloom tomatoes. I would love to hear if anyone has tried this combo or any other on heirloom tomatoes and what were the results. The help I have gotten from these forums has always been great.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I know a casting company that gives away green sand for free but I am afraid to put used green sand in my garden. They cast zinc, bronze and brass there will be a pretty high amount of that in the sand. Plants tend to take in any minerals that are in the soil if the soil is high in something like zinc or brass what will that do to the people that eat the tomatoes?

Brand New un used green sand would be great.

For each his own. Grow a lot of different varieties of tomatoes to see which ones you like best.

We like Beef Steak, Beef Master, Big Beef, anything called Beef, any other name like All Star which is also a Beef Steak type tomato. They all have great flavor. Good for cooking. Great in salads. Great slicing tomatoe for sandwiches. Great juicing tomatoe. Great canning tomatoe too. Grows good too. Plants produce a lot of tomatoes.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”