Garf
Green Thumb

At the rate you're going, soon you will have more than you know what to do with. That happened to me my first year.

applestar
Mod

Looking GREAT! :D

Sani
Cool Member

Garf wrote:At the rate you're going, soon you will have more than you know what to do with. That happened to me my first year.
Oh, I'm planning to give cute gift baskets to family and friends with my tomatoes and basil, If the principe borghese tastes fine I'll give it out fresh, If not then dried :)

@ applestar thank you! I cant believe how much I learned in the past 3 months. I owe a lot to you guys. :D

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Because of the environment in which you are growing these, Sani, you may have some problems not usually experienced in an open garden.

Next season, you may want to think about "indoor" varieties and if they might be best for you. [url=https://www.johnnyseeds.com/c-414-greenhousepoly-tunnel.aspx]Here is a page from Johnny's (click)[/url]that may give you some ideas.

I have no experience here altho' I kept a couple tomato plants in my greenhouse thru the summer in 2010. It wasn't the best environment for them but it was wonderful to have fruit after frost had killed the outdoor plants!

Now, if I just had a swimming pool in that greenhouse . . . .

Steve :D

Here is Wishing You Continuing Good Growing, Sani!

Sani
Cool Member

@ digitS' Thank you!
Now, if I just had a swimming pool in that greenhouse . . . .
I don't know what I'm going to do in the summer when my family want to use the pool again; shutting the cool air conditioner off. :cry:
Because of the environment in which you are growing these, Sani, you may have some problems not usually experienced in an open garden.
I transfered two tom plants outside in our yard which already has a grass lawn,4 very large palm trees (+25 yrs old) and a lot of other plants, I don't know what it is about our yard that attracts so many insects.
Those plants I put out grew and flowered but they constantly have leaf miners and the adults that lay the eggs swarm around them all day, so they're not in the best of shape. While the toms in the pool are 3 times bigger in size, It couldn't be that bad in there?

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”