pizzarrhea
Cool Member

Anyone have any cool seeds saved from this years crop?

So, I'm looking to widely expand my tomato garden next season but I only have a few heirlooms saved. The rest of what I planted were hybrids.
So anyways, what heirlooms did you plant this year?
Did you manage to save seeds? Wanna give me some :P

soil
Greener Thumb

I saved seed this year from about 6 different select tomato plants. been saving seeds for about 4 years now. started with heirlooms now I have my own varieties. they don't have names anymore because they don't look like there parents. but oh do they taste delicious!

jennsim

Hi pizzarrhea
I tried growing 4 heirlooms last year, none were a success :oops:
I think one was beefsteak, another tiger lilly, tiny tom and no idea
what the other was. Am sticking with the seeds that sprout from my
compost this year....unbelievable results, will be saving the seed
from these.

jenn

pizzarrhea
Cool Member

The only heirlooms I grew were german pink and mr. stripey. I tried to save the Mr. Stripey seeds but someone threw away the container I was saving them in. I did go to a local farm that had heirloom tomato picking and grabbed some really interesting heirlooms. The one I really want is Green Zebra which isn't technically an heirloom but I love it, I ate one but didn't think of saving the seeds so now I am lost :[

farmerlon
Green Thumb

pizzarrhea wrote:The only heirlooms I grew were german pink and mr. stripey. I tried to save the Mr. Stripey seeds but someone threw away the container I was saving them in. I did go to a local farm that had heirloom tomato picking and grabbed some really interesting heirlooms. The one I really want is Green Zebra which isn't technically an heirloom but I love it, I ate one but didn't think of saving the seeds so now I am lost :[
I told myself that I was going to save a lot of Tomato Seeds this year, but that was one plan that I did not manage to follow through on :( ... I will try to do better next year.

If you need to, you can order Green Zebra seeds from Baker Creek heirloom seeds.

pizzarrhea
Cool Member

I actually managed to find them at a local Wholefoods this weekend along with a Chocolate tomato :D

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”