CherA

How to save seeds from tomatos for next year?

Hi,
I had some huge tomatoes this year, also some that I didn't like. All of the cherry tomatoes still growing are cracked so we don;t eat them but can I salvage their seeds for planting next year? They are soo good! How do I go about doing this?
I recell when much yonger a now deceased friend of the family gave me some seeds to tomtoes and they were the best ever.. I had many veggies not grow in this area this year; a very bad year for many people unfortunately. I don;t wnt to go thru that expense and have it happen next year.
Can anyonen tell me how to take the seeds from any tomatoes and if you dry them how, eg in dehyrator or in sun or neither...and what else to do how to store them etc. until next year? I think I saw that if ther eis gel around teh seed it is a good thing?
Thakn you for any info you can give me. I will be looking for how to save seeds from squash and other veggies on the other forums so look forward to seeing you. Cher

TZ -OH6
Super Green Thumb

This thread in the seed swapping forum may help.

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28675

CherA

Thakns TZ for that thread on seeds etc. It is extremely interesting and helpful. I can't wait to get started!!! I'm delighted. Cher

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”