sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

what kind of tomato is this? ID heirloom tomato

I have a yellow tomato that is about an inch and a half across. it is round shaped. it came in an heirloom mix from Burpee which I've been told are notorious to mixing seeds in that are not on the listed varieties... sooooo, any ideas on what it is?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I don't grow heirlooms, so can't help, but it would likely help if you posted a couple pictures. Instructions to do that are linked in my signature line. Be sure to include some of the leaves as that helps in the ID.

sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

I assume its an heirloom variety but who knows with Burpee right? either way the tomato is bland as ever. I am quite disappointed. what a tasteless tomato.

I have a picture that I took the other day, I'lll get some leaf pictures and see what people think.

engineeredgarden
Green Thumb

Most of the yellow varieties are bland, as I just tried my first "roman candle" of the year. Blech!

EG

sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

I think I"m going to agree with you on this one. I grew yellow pear before and those were bland as well. I think I'll save the yellows for tossing in salsa with the reds. then I don't have to taste them! LOL!

TZ -OH6
Super Green Thumb

Inch and a half is a pretty big cherry tomato. Yellow Ping Pong should be about that size, and there may be a few others, but most of the popular yellow cherries are about and inch or smaller. Isis Candy and Gajo de Melon are yellowy bicolors and at that extra large cherry size.
I usually wait until the fruit from the second truss to determine taste. The first fruits are often blander.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”