sparkynv
Newly Registered

leaves yellowing??

I done something I probably shouldn't have done a few weeks ago. I pulled one of the shoots from my tomato plant up near the roots and was going to try to replant it as another plant. I was thinking it was a sucker, but when I went to cut it, it pulled up at the roots. I planted it separately, and have watered it liberally, but it don't look like it's going to survive. Also the plant I pulled it up from has yellowing leaves around the bottom of the plant now. I'm afraid I've damaged the plant. Is there anything can be done to the main plant now, except watering it??? I have tomatoes coming on the main plant in abundance, a couple ae ready to turn, but I want to keep it healthy if possible. Thanks a lot for the info.
I should have left it alone :cry:

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Are these the bottom-most leaves? Are there black spots/specks on them?

If it's just the bottom leaves an there are not spots, you're probably fine. Mine get that, as well.

Now, on the other hand, if it starts spreading up the plant, you may have a bacterial of fungal issue going on.

sparkynv
Newly Registered

Yep, I think I killed my tomato plant. The leaves are yellowing all up the plant, and there are little bubbles forming up the stalk. Looks like some sort of disease. Wow, if I would only left it alone.....

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”