RAllen
Newly Registered

Tomato Plants

I live in Jacksonville Beach Florida and the tempture is getting in the 100'a lately, is it to hot to grow tomato this time of year.
Roger Allen

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Hey Roger,

I'd try that question on the [url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=15&sid=3f8826e7d4ec9fc896dfd1778e32dda5]Tomato Forum[/url], but howdy and Welcome!

HG

applestar
Mod

Hi RAllen, since you posted another Intro thread, I took the liberty of moving this one to the Tomato Forum. Welcome and hope you get your answer from fellow Floridans (is that the right word?) :D

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

applestar wrote:Hi RAllen, since you posted another Intro thread, I took the liberty of moving this one to the Tomato Forum. Welcome and hope you get your answer from fellow Floridans (is that the right word?) :D
Maybe Floridians! :wink:

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I'm not a Floridian, but I am growing tomatoes in temps that stayed in mid 90's for a couple weeks. Not too hot to grow the plants, but it can slow down production and ripening. Mine have actually been chugging right along, still setting new fruit. This time of year may be when it turns into an advantage that they are partly shaded. Just keep your plants well watered and they will take off again once the weather breaks.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”