jstr12

Upside down tomatoes?

My neighbor has those hanging tomato bag/pot that you hang upside down. He has early girl tomatoes in there that are bearing TRUCKLOADS of tomatoes! (not litteraly). I know early girl tomatoe bear more fruit than most plants but I'm not sure if it's the plants or the pots? I'd think it's be the plants but you never know, well you might know :oops: , but that's why I'm asking right?
jstr :D

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Oh, I'm pretty sure that it would be the plants. One thing that I would be careful with having the upside down pots would be that there is only a small opening from the bottom that the plant grows out of, otherwise once the plant becomes laden with fruit, it could fall out.

These things look really neat. though. I'd like to grow them from the balcony down the side of the house along with some squash plants.

uggabugga

tomatoes seem to do really well growing upside down, and not having to mess with cages is great. I tried it for the first time this year with a single plant, and unfortunately the thing got so heavy that it fell down and cracked the hanging basket I was using, but it's still growing pretty good. it just needs constant watering b/c much of the water drains out of the crack before the soil can absorb it.

jstr12

Ok, ThankYou!
jstr :D

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”