Kitty-Diggins
Newly Registered

Lots of very small fruit

My tomato (Fourth of July) produced a ripe fruit on the third. What a trooper! It was the size of a ping-pong-ball. Granted it was on the bottom where you would expect the first to grow. The plant itself is now taller than me. I have pruned and pecked at it and was using Miracle grow up until a couple three weeks ago I went to "Bloom" 0-10-10 NGK. I am concerned with the size of these little gems. The fruit seems to be turning before they get any size to them. I thought the fruit should be about the size of a Medford not a Cherry LOL. Maybe I am just jumping the gun. We have had some really crazy weather here in So Ore today we will be in the low 100's today and the next few. Last week, and the previouse months actually, we had coastal like cools of mid 70's.
I guess it will be a bit of a science experiment... I did get a jump on things when we had some really nice weather in May, that is when I planted him/her (would appreciate a correction on that too). My neighbor planted 85 day beefsteaks mid June and I don't think the plants have grown an inch. I do use the secret trick of talking and fawning over it. Sounds nuts. Try it with one and not the others!!!
Oh by the way. I gave up on the toxic bug erradicators and went to beer. It takes out all sorts of unwanteds. More than just the slugs and snails. I was overpopulated with pill bugs...more than a normal ammount...Billions literally. :twisted: What a way to go!

MaryDel

FOJs should be at least two inches in diameter when ripe, at least that's my experience with them.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”