About 3 weeks ago I added a 10-10-10 fertilizer to my tomatoes for the first time this season. I spread a handful of it around each plant and then watered. This is the same process I used last year with great results. I have 2 Roma plants and 1 Cherry. Each had a handful of fruits and flowers. I noticed a problem with the Romas immediately. Some leaves dried up, the unbudded flowers dropped off and ALL growth halted; especially the fruit (one even dropped off). The Cherry on the other hand exploded. More flowers and fruit appeared and the over-all plant looked much healthier.
About a week later, the Romas started to develope new, tender (and I mean tender) stems and leaves. The old leaves remained curled but seemed to regain some vigor.
Within the past week, all yellowing dissapeared, new flowers began popping up and the remaining fruit grew slightly and began to turn red so all seems well.
This method seemed to work well last year (those are the tomatoes in the background) https://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f114/wodtheiii/garden.jpg
But if I did something wrong I need to know so that I don't make that mistake again.
I now yield to the experts ...