Zapatay

Diagnose and suggestions for my cherry tomato plant

I planted a cherry tomato in a large planter and all seemed well. Lots of fruit and happiness.

The bottom leaves are beginning to turn brown/yellow color.
I'm not sure what it could be. There isn't a bug infestation - it's been warm..... I don't think overwatering has been an issue....

[img]https://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q157/zapatay/utf-8BSU1HMDAyMzMtMjAxMDA3MDMtMTkwM.jpg[/img]

Ideas? Should I move her into the ground? All my veggies have always been grown in the ground except this one... and now I'm a little worried.

There are so many fruits! I hate to think they wont make it...

applestar
Mod

I think this is a sign that the plant is getting root bound. Judicious extra feeding and watering might keep it going. Theoretically, pruning some foliage may help.

Zapatay

Should I take him out of the pot?
(Just got finished googling "rootbound" - sorry for my ignorance)

I had no idea the tiny little green thing would get to be so huge!

So perhaps I should purchase some miracle-gro to give the nutrients its looking for?

Thanks Star

TZ -OH6
Super Green Thumb

I agree, It looks like a bit of an underfeeding problem. The plant is a bit scrawny so I don't think it has outgrown the pot yet (root bound), and it might need a bit more light (hard to tell from a picture though).

You could go with something like Miracle Grow Tomato Formula, or an organic fertilizer that can be applied as a liquid (fish emulshion etc).

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”