Cerbiesmom

I ate a tomato yesterday!

I got to harvest and eat my first cherry tomato that ripened without being eaten by birds or squirrels! I was so yummy! It made all the work totally worth it. I can't wait for the rest of them to ripen now. I've got about 30-ish green tomatoes on the plant still.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

YAY!! I think next year I will have to do a cherry tomato. I only have the full size ones, so I am waiting .... and waiting ... for one to ripen up.

Cerbiesmom

I have some regular size going as well. I haven't gotten anything off them. But my little cherry is producing like crazy.

BERRYHILL

You lucky dog, my mouth is watering for a ripe one, I'm still waiting and waiting. LOL :wink: [/b]

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

I have been nibbling on cherry sweet 100 for a couple of days now. The plants are so loaded, and in shallow soil, that they are having a tough time during these hot Alabama days. The sweet 100s live up to their name.

[img]https://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab104/lakngulf/G2010May/G2010046.jpg[/img]

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Man, sounds great. Mine are just starting and I must say that just thinking about the great cherry tomatoes that are to come gets my mouth watering.

ozark_rocks

:lol: I ate one yesterday, and two today! I didn't even leave the garden, they were so good. :wink:

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

Oh the taste of the first tomato of the season, so nice!

I think every garden should have at least one cherry variety. They start, start early and just don't stop!!!

Regards,
D

garden5
Super Green Thumb

I've go one growing and I'm hoping to have some by the end of June.

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Duh_Vinci wrote:Oh the taste of the first tomato of the season, so nice!

I think every garden should have at least one cherry variety. They start, start early and just don't stop!!!
I agree with you on that. It is great to just pick a few and pop them in your mouth. They are also a big hit with the grandsons.

Recently, I decided that I had to give my Sweet 100s a hair cut. They had shot up so many stems that the roots could not supply enough water and the leaves were totally drying up during the day.

In the background of this picture you can see the "bushy" cherry tomato plant.

[img]https://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab104/lakngulf/G2010June/Garden_June002.jpg[/img]

This is a shot after the haircut:

[img]https://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab104/lakngulf/G2010June/Garden_June038.jpg[/img]

Here is another shot of a separate cherry tomato plant before its haircut. You see how bushy it was.

[img]https://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab104/lakngulf/G2010May/G2010046.jpg[/img]

garden5
Super Green Thumb

I'm curious to see which one will ripen first, the cherry, which is just starting, but will ripen at a smaller stage, or the larger one, which will not ripen until larger, but has a good head start. Now, that's my kind of race :wink:.

sjohnson9206

Yep, enjoyed the first cherry on Memorial Day.... then the next 2 yesterday... and I have 2 more that are calling my name tonight.

Mine all seem to be a little lagging in the setting of fruit department, but with this nice weather we've been having they're sure catching up.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”