Urban_Garden
Cool Member

My tomatoes are under attack!

Each morning more branches have died, I've noticed both a sugar-like substance on the leaves and these tiny little black bugs. They leave holes that eventually turn the leaves yellow, killing entire branches.
What can I do?! :(

I found this pic online that looks basically the same as my prob.
[img]https://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p360/chillilover1/Lily044.jpg[/img]

BERRYHILL

Looks like it might be flea beetles to me, but I am no expert. I recently had them on my eggplant, I bought some 100% neem oil and mixed it as directed, and sprayed them, and I have no more flea beetles. I sprayed everything with it and it is working, it is organic and safe for you to use. I will never use 7 again. Neem is also found in some rose spray. everything I read said it was good, but only spray it in the morning and in the late afternoon, so you don't kill the good bugs.

Urban_Garden
Cool Member

BERRYHILL wrote:Looks like it might be flea beetles to me, but I am no expert. I recently had them on my eggplant, I bought some 100% neem oil and mixed it as directed, and sprayed them, and I have no more flea beetles. I sprayed everything with it and it is working, it is organic and safe for you to use. I will never use 7 again. Neem is also found in some rose spray. everything I read said it was good, but only spray it in the morning and in the late afternoon, so you don't kill the good bugs.
Thanks! :) I can really use this advice before those nasty things kill my tomatoes.

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Rose Defense is the product I have whose active ingredient is azadirachtin.

Cynthia (Vergil came home from TPLO surgery tonight, and the deadlines at work just keep coming...)

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”