PumkinHead

Tomatoe Plant

I have just been given a tomatoe plant which I have had now for about 3 days its still about 3 inches tall can anyone tell me how long it will take before the tomatoes start to show. I am a novice as it is all new to me. Any help would be gratefull :)

TZ -OH6
Super Green Thumb

It will probably be a month before you see a flower. At this point it is important to give your seedling a good start, and rather than be in a hurry to put it in the ground you might consider growing it in a 4-5 inch pot with good potting mix for several weeks until it gets maybe 10 inches tall.

engineeredgarden
Green Thumb

Days to maturity will determine alot....

EG

PumkinHead

Thankyou to everybody who has taken there time to help so glad I found this forum. I have so much to learn about gardening :)

tedln
Super Green Thumb

PumkinHead wrote:I have just been given a tomatoe plant which I have had now for about 3 days its still about 3 inches tall can anyone tell me how long it will take before the tomatoes start to show. I am a novice as it is all new to me. Any help would be gratefull :)
Where you live makes a lot of difference also. If your in a warmer climate the plant will grow faster. If your in a cooler climate, you have to plant later in the spring and the plant will grow a little slower.

Ted

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”