Dixana
Greener Thumb

Update on wild boar farm tomatoes

I am NEVER BUYING POTTING SOIL AGAIN!!!!! I ran out of potting soil half way through up potting my wild boar seedlings and was too lazy to go buy more. Of the 10 seeds I got 6 lovely little seedlings. 3 got potting soil. After that when I ran out I got a big bowl and mixed a few handfuls of seed starter a scoop of compost and a few big handfuls of mushroom compost then used that to pot them up. The difference in the seedlins is RIDICULOUS!!!! One potting soil seedling died and the other 2 are just sitting there, not growing. The 3 in the mix I made are growing like weeds! They're only probably four inches tall but have fat huge stems and 8 true leaves with 2 more coming out.
My final opinion is potting soil sucks and I'm never buying it again :x

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

That about what I do. I mix a bag of composted cow manure, mushroom compost (sometimes), bag of organic garden soil, some of my compost and maybe some wromcastings if I can find them along with whatever else feels right at the time. Oh and maybe a little peat moss. Seems to do well my potted plants are doing better than my garden plants so I can't be too far off.

I just put a few of the Wild Boar plants out they were very small though. Just above their true leaf point. They seen to be growing though very slowly. At least they haven't died yet. It has only been since last week.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”