UltraMegaTomato
Newly Registered

What to look for in an over watered plant.

Could someone post signs and photos if possible?

Would like to have these things to file for gardening use.

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

We had 14" of rain saturday and sunday. My garden was a river for 2 days. Rain is gone and garden is mud. My peppers all turned yellow and plants were wilted looking but better now the soil is drying out. Only a few tomatoe plants were looking yellow they are all looking much better now too. I am very suprised all my beans came up and they are looking very good. My corn is completely up in 2 rows and a bit spotty in the other 3 rows the plants look fine. I think the yellow looking plants and druppy leaves were from too much water but I am not 100% sure I have no idea what else would cause that. Low nitrogen can cause yellow leaves but not wilted plants.

My basil did not like all that water some of the leaves look like they melted they are green mush. Several days later the basil plants completely melted and died.
Last edited by Gary350 on Mon May 10, 2010 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

farmerlon
Green Thumb

I've always heard that it's almost impossible to over-water a tomato plant. :lol:

Never say never... I'm sure it's possible to drown a tomato plant. But, it seems like you would really have to try mighty hard to do it.
I heard the flooding rains that we just went through here in TN described as a "1,000 year flood" on the television news today. Yes, they said 1,000 (not 100)!
I've got 30+ tomato plants in the garden, and they've been growing strong since that rain event; showing no ill effects at all.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”