applestar
Mod

This is why I grow them :)

The Contender has been sporting 3 red ripe cherry tomatoes, ready to pick. I was waiting for the right time. Tonight, DD8 wasn't eating well, not wanting much of anything. I asked her if she wanted a tomato, and she perked right up. :D

Picked her the biggest of the three. She came back and asked for more. There was another big one and a small one. I asked her if she wanted the big one, little one, or both? And she happily chose to eat both! :()

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Very good, glad your DD is eating and fresh tomatoes at that.

Was this indoors or out?

applestar
Mod

Thanks! She was so happy about it -- Made my day. :D

Contender's still in the yellow beach pail, sitting in the PRIMO spot on the SSE facing kitchen window bench with two CFL supplements and overhead Tiffany incandescent light.

Now that I squeezed everybody over to make room for some tomato uppots, I can't uppot the Contender in the cut-off 5 gal water jug until I hang up the shoplights BIL got for me in the garage to expand the Grow Light Area so I can move the transplants out. :roll:

GardenJester

yup, growing kids can be so rewarding. :P

SarahSarah
Cool Member

I love hearing when kids eat fresh fruits and veggies. It is so important for them to develop good eating habits while they are young :-)

tn_veggie_gardner

Awesome! I agree. =) My daughter loves fresh fruits. Heck, half my garden is for her...lol...tons of flowers, fruits & veggies.

tedln
Super Green Thumb

applestar,

"and overhead Tiffany incandescent light"

If you nurture your plants with Tiffany lamps, I will be right over; I need some nurturing. Do you have any Beluga in the fridge?

And yes, feed the kids fresh veggies. Our oldest two grandsons grew up thinking macaroni and cheese was a vegetable dish. It wasn't until they were grown, they decided veggies from my gardens were actually good. Macaroni and Cheese simply worked well between ball games crammed to close together.

Ted

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

tedln wrote: And yes, feed the kids fresh veggies. Our oldest two grandsons grew up thinking macaroni and cheese was a vegetable dish. It wasn't until they were grown, they decided veggies from my gardens were actually good. Macaroni and Cheese simply worked well between ball games crammed to close together.

Ted
Aint that the truth. Though my DD4 when not stuffin her face full of mac-n-cheese can't get enough green beans. So guess what one on my main crops will be.................. Yep a mac-n-chesse plant, with few beans as companions. :lol:

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”