Earl K
Green Thumb

Found my first Hornworm

I would like to think I have a pretty decent plant to have one of these suckers on it.He was about two inches long chewing away when spotted.We didnt want to kill it so I put him out front with the branch he was on. :lol:

plantkiller

Hi Earl, this is your neighbor down the street heh. I haven't seen any hornworms yet but I'm just now figuring out you have to look really close and check underside the leaves to find the little devils that are eating the place up. I seem to be infested with melonworms on my eggplant, squash zuchinni and cucumber..I have been on a roll squashing a dozen or so a night between my fingers! filthy invader infidels!! :twisted:

I saw what looked like standard paper wasps (4 of them) going to town in my raised bed the other day..couldn't see what they were eating but they were going from leaf to leaf with their tails were kind of spasming and their mouth chomping away on some kind of critters. I suspect they are helping me kill the melonworms and any other bugs they can find. Makes me regret that I sprayed down two big nests when I moved in..

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Wasps are good hornworms or tobaccoworms are bad.

<-----See avatar

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Good to know!

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”