crobi13

My final tally

I pulled the last of my tomato plants today :( I had 14 plants and they produced 30 lbs of tomatoes! :clap:
My goal was to grow 20 lbs so I'm really happy with what I've grown.
I have no idea if aprox. 2 lbs/plant is typical. The way I look at it is 1 tiny seed produced 2 lbs of fruit. It's pretty awesome as far as I'm concerned.

Diane
Green Thumb

That's great. Especially since we were in danger of late blight.
I don't have a food scale, I need to get one! That's sounds like a good amount per plant.
I've left my plants in. I did pick most of the tomatoes because there was a threat of frost.
It is amazing that such a small thing, a tiny seed, grows into large plants and fruit.
It's magic. :)

crobi13

Thanks, Diane :D

It certainly is magic :flower:

pepper4
Green Thumb

That's great crobi13 :D You got about 25 more pounds then me :oops: This was my first year and I did alot of things wrong :cry: :roll: but from what I learned I hope to at least double it. :wink:

crobi13

Thanks, Bambi!

Good luck to you, I'm sure with all you learned, you will do great.

tedln
Super Green Thumb

crobi, congrugulation! Sounds like you had a good year.

I think I found a new way to tally the results for my garden.

All of last winter, my wife and I saved our Walmart bags. I had a five gallon bucket in the garden which I stuffed with the bags. By early spring, the bucket was full of pressed down bags. Anytime I needed to harvest tomatoes or something else, I always had a Walmart bag handy. If a neighbor or family member wanted to harvest something, I told them to grab a bag from the bucket. The bags rarely left the garden full, but they were usually half full. I noticed the other day that only two bags remain in the bucket. My measurement for 2009 is "I grew a bucket full of bags worth of veggies this year".

Ted

cottonpicker

crobi...... I'm happy with your success! Which varieties did best & tasted best for you?

LarryD

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Sounds good, gotta love those mators. You did pretty well for such a bad garden year. Let's hope for better weather next year.

crobi13

Thanks everyone :D
I'm pretty pleased and I can't wait for next year :lol:

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”