webmaster
Site Admin

Welcome to the forum, pepperdude. :) Those are meaty looking tomatoes! How did they taste?

PepperDude
Newly Registered

webmaster wrote:Welcome to the forum, pepperdude. :) Those are meaty looking tomatoes! How did they taste?
As you know not everyone's taste buds are the same , but to me the Indian Stripe has a smokey, earthy taste where as the White Potatoleaf has more of a mild sweet fruity taste.

thepassionatecook

petalfuzz wrote:Check out [url=https://www.tomatogrowers.com/index.html]this site[/url] for bi-colored tomatoes. Ones with ruffles could be: Oaxacan Jewel, Pineapple Tomato, Virginia Sweets, etc.
Thank you petalfuzz! I might try the Oaxacan Jewel.

GardenBob
Newly Registered

It all depends what kind of tomato you want: cherry, pear, paste/Roma, regular, beefsteak...
black krim and cherokee purple are very tasty varieties, and Mennonite and mortgage lifter are also popular, and a low acid dual-color I is Mr. Stripey, but I have not found a low-acid that have much flavor, and I think if canning, low acid need more salt to preserve them. German Johnson is another old time. Best bet it to search online for companies that have heirloom tomato seeds or plants for sale, and read the description and read the customer comments and see what sounds good to you.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”