greenboy
Newly Registered

Mountain fresh tomatoes

:P I am from Pennsylvania, needless to say in our mountains the growing season for tomatoes is very short. I want to know where could I get "Mountain Fresh Tomatoes" these tomatoes were develop by Penn State and they are genetical altered for our area, a hill billy tomatoes is you which.

Greenboy from Penn.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Hey

Not familiar with that one but do know they have a great hort program at Penn State...

There are short season tomatoes from a bunch of programs; I talk about them in this article

[url]https://www.helpfulgardener.com/vegetable/2003/tomatoes.html[/url]

HG

gwaterlily
Newly Registered

At the website for Tomato Grower Supply Company, they sell Mountain Fresh VF Hybrid tomatoes. In it's description, it states that they were developed by Dr. Randy Gardner at North Carolina State University.

A friend of a friend said that they are the best tasting tomatoes that he's ever tried. I've never had them personally.

BillyBoy
Newly Registered

I currently have 12 Mountain Pride seedlings(first in the mountain series) growing indoors waiting to be planted out in the garden. it's my first time growing this variety but I here many good things about the mountain series. I'm not to sure where you can get some seeds but you might want to check you're local nursery for seedlings.

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”