Tammy42

The rain broke two branches on my big tomato plant!!!

Well bad news from the tomato patch the rain we have has for the past four days has broken branches on my big tomato plant!!!! When the rain finally stopped, I went out there to take a look at the garden to see how it was doing, and found one tomato branch snapped off and on the ground!!! I am so mad, it was one of the healthier, stronger new one too!!! It had five new blossoms on it, so much for those tomatos!!! Then again on that side, another one was barely holding on!!! I have a question can you use tape to refix the branch and see if it will rehal itself or should I take it off? But the smaller tomato plant is loving this rain though, greener and bigger. Did find about three more tomatoes on the big plant though. The transplants are loving this rain though they have gotten taller!!! So again asking the question should I take off the branch or can I tape it to see if it will heal itself?? Tammy

crobi13

I read in another thread that you can tie an old knee-high around the broken part & the plant will do ok.
About a week or so ago, we got a summer nor-easter here & I came home to find almost all of my poor plants toppled over! Only 1 had it's stem damaged (thankfully!). I tied that one with an old knee-high & it's still doing well. :D
Good luck!

Tammy42

crobi, thank you for the suggestion, as I recall I did read that thread before!!! Tammy

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”