xodi
Newly Registered

I Love This Tomato Forum

I just joined because I have so many tomato questions. Well, it turns out most were answered in previous posts, so I've got to get out to the garden right now for some corrective surgery and hydration. We live in Brooklyn and have large pots of cherry tomatoes, grown from organic seed. The plants grew very quickly and very tall. Strong, not leggy. Some are six feet.
I am going out to trim some lower branches...

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Glad you found us and like it! Feel free to ask questions...

In the meantime, if you have cherry tomatoes that quickly got to 6' tall, sounds like you are giving them plenty of fertilizer. If that is the case, you probably want to back off now and especially be sure you aren't feeding them with anything nitrogen heavy (nitrogen is the N in NPK, the first number in the ratio). You want a ratio of 5-10-10 or even heavier on the PK end. Too much nitrogen at this point encourages them to keep getting taller and leafier, but slows down fruiting...

webmaster
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback and for joining our community. Feel free to contribute to ongoing discussions as well, sounds like you are doing something right with your tomatoes. ;)

Return to “TOMATO FORUM”